Monday, January 26, 2009

A Home for the Birds

The Hirshhorn Museum is one of my favorite art galleries in DC and sometimes during the warmer months I like to sit in their beautiful flower garden and sketch, write or take pictures. Within this flower garden are some gorgeous handmade birdhouses that sit on top of post made of natural wood with the bark still in tact. I've always wanted a birdhouse like one of these but living in a second story apartment doesn't really make it possible. Now that we're going to buy a house I will finally have a backyard to put a lovely birdhouse in. I did a little browsing on Etsy (because where else would you look for a fabulous handmade item) and here are few of my favorites:


top row: Funky Salvage Wood Birdhouse by oldcrowfarm, Birdhouse Saltbox Fieldstone by DoorCountyWoodworks, Rustic Yellow Shabby Cottage Birdhouse by baconsquarefarm, bottom row: Blessed Birdhouse with Leaning Roof and Drawer Pulls by timesandchimes, The Rustic Silhouette Birdhouse by WilliamDohman, Solo Bird In Flight Birdhouse by JHannah

2 comments:

  1. Great collection of birdhouses. I especially like the top left and the bottom right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are going to be in a house where you can enjoy the birdhouses you so love! All of these houses are so lovely! Thank you for including us in the mix!

    Love your blog and added it to my list!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete